Friday, August 21, 2009

Kathy... August 21, 2009 9:19 PM

Skeeter Davis - "The End of the World"
Lenna and I used to stay up late and listen to some radio station from the states - must have been in Little Rock. That was one of our favorites. Then of course Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
Hey Paula, It's My Party, Soldier Boy, I Will Follow Him, Walk Like a Man, My Boyfriend's Back, Breaking Up is Hard to Do, Roses are Red, Surf City, I Wanna Hold Your Hand and everything Beatles, He's a Rebel, Chapel of Love to name a few! And we had all the 45's of those hits playing on a turntable with a full stack and automatic changer. What great technology we had.

Bruce replied:

OK, Kathy, let's get real here. These are all chick songs. You forgot to mention Go Away Little Girl (Andy Williams) and Rhythm of the Rain (Cascades). Granted... Surf City, He's A Rebel , and My Boyfriend's Back (Angels) were faves of mine, but I was mostly into songs like I Get Around or Surfin' USA (Beach Boys... when they rocked... not that lame band still doing concerts under the same name), California Sun (Rivieras), the Dave Clark Five, Bobby Blue Bland, House of the Rising Sun (the Animals), Sheila (Tommy Roe), Do You Love Me (Contours) or anything by the Drifters. OK, obviously I was digging completely different music than my little sis. I knew these songs wouldn't fly at our parties, though. Oh no, they're playing Blue on Blue Again!

Hey David, I'm with you on Gene Pitney. What a voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers