Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Megan... September 29, 2009 1:05 AM

I lived across the road from Nadene (BFF) in Colonia Becklin, Kilometer 13. I loved having slumber parties over at my house. My room was at the end of an “L” shaped house with my parents all the way at the other end. There must have been at least ten of us who attended this particular slumber party and I wish I could remember everyone’s name who came. Right before, I rode off on my white horse, Relampago (Lightning), to a nearby finca to stock up on snacks for the party. The farmer had a big supply of fresh tamarindos (brown pod-like tart fruit) so I bought an enormous basket full and brought them back for the party. Of course, we stayed up very late, talking, listening to the short wave radio and eating many tamarindos. Unbeknownst to me, tamarindos turned out to be a natural laxative. In the morning, there were many lined up in front of each bathroom.

P.S. McDonald Clan from left to right Melissa (sister), Steve her son, Kevin (standing, my husband), Steve with beard (Melissa’s husband), Sean with beard (my son), Matt in blue shirt (Melissa’s younger son), me in turquoise jacket, my mom who is 87, and Rebecca (sister).

Best regards,

Meg McDonald



(you can click on the photo to get a zoom view...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers