Monday, September 14, 2009

Tootsie... September 13, 2009 3:54 PM

David do you remember the year Union Church created a church camp for us? The Tabacalera workmen put up a big tent & outhouses. We had Bible lessons & all. The grown ups hauled us in to the Grand Hotel to swim twice... that was the best. I remember seeing many shooting stars - as we would poke our cots out of the tent to sleep, trying to get cool. Mollie Jacobson - taught us songs like John Jacob.... Irishman - and others such as one about donkeys - that I got in trouble when I duplicated it for a skit up at Leelanau in Michigan... I think a number of the people in the picture were at that camp.
Peter and Paul did not attend but we would meet them in the bushes!! I do not know how we coordinated this w/o cell phones! I think we would sneak out when we were supposed to be memorizing Bible verses... but only God knows how they knew when to show up...

1 comment:

  1. Tootsie,
    I do remember that camp; it took place during vacation time between sixth and seventh grades on the shore of Lake Jiloa. Do you have any pictures?
    David

    ReplyDelete

Followers