Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bruce... August 18, 2009 9:32 AM

Coach Shubert,
I want to echo David's sentiments. You might recall that I was tall but had
never played competitive basketball before. I came out of that experience with a
love for the game, and I played in leagues, pickup games at UT with the college
players, anywhere I could get in a game, until about age 40. Now it's just
bowling and golf! I coached in youth leagues for about 15 years, something I
would never have done had it not been for you showing me how. I even got thrown
out of a game one time but I felt good about it because I knew I was in the
right and I had stood up for my players the way Coach Shubert showed me. I could
go on and on, but the main thing is I'm overjoyed to have this opportunity to
say THANK YOU.
Let's stay in touch!
Bruce Newlin (#44)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers