Tuesday, August 18, 2009

David... August 18, 2009 12:56 AM

Mr. Shubert, thank you for the example you set for us all during that time in 1963 when you led our ANS basketball team to an undefeated Nicaraguan national championship. The leadership, character, integrity, discipline, and ability to motivate that you demonstrated to us during that time is something that I will never forget! That, coupled with the genuine interest and care for all the individual players you coached on that team make you, by far, the best coach in any sport I ever competed in.
I was glad to hear that you and Cecilia married; hope you both have had happy years together with many more to come! I don't know if Cecilia remembers me or not, but I remember her as a friend and someone I enjoyed visiting with from time to time there at the school.
Well, Coach, thank you again for everything! If I can ever be of help to you or your family just let me know and I will do my best.
David Wilson (#88)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers