Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kathy... August 20, 2009 10:04 PM

I see we have found many more old friends. Hi, Nadene. Last time I saw you was when you were living in Merritt Island Florida and I came to visit you one summer - about 66 or 67. I'm thinking maybe it was you and I who had the "twin" outfits. Alaska - You and Sarah Palin and the bears! And I last saw David and all the Wilson's when I went to Lenna's wedding in Iowa sometime around "69 or '70. I think it was about 8 degrees in Iowa that winter! Where is Lenna and what is she up to? The attached picture was taken last summer in Port Aransas, TX (Port Royal) where we spent our 35th anniversary. It is Jerry and I with our two daughters and 5 grandchildren. Elsa, I have not figured out the scanner yet, but when I do, I have a picture of me right after we came back to the states- wearing my blue dress with the blue velvet ribbon - remember the Bobby Vinton song "Blue Velvet"? Just had to have a dress with some blue velvet on it.
One of the teachers at my school told me that his mother was from Nicaragua. He said she came to the states in about 1950 but that other family members had stayed until they had to leave (they were on the same list as Elsa's family) and are now living in Costa Rica. This was before we got this little reunion going, so I am going to pick his brain and see if any of the names connect with us.
School starts here in Texas on Monday for most public schools, so my contributions may be sporadic. But it has been so wonderful to revisit all the memories and I will continue to check in as time allows.
Vaya con Dios.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers