Monday, September 7, 2009

Bruce... Tracking Down Freddie

I don't know how many of you remember Freddie... he's in the photo of the
chemistry lab with me, Alex, and Mike Murray.

He's one of the guys I've punched into Google a few times over the years, with
no success.

Last night I tried "Freddie" instead of "Freddy" and got a blog posted by some
dirt bike racer who mentioned his "wrench man" Freddie Janer. He talked about
the two of them racing bikes back as far as the mid-70's, so I thought... maybe.

Then I punched in "Freddie Janer motorcycle" and found some race results that
had a Freddie Janer from Las Cruces, New Mexico, listed in the "over 50" age
category.

So, I just got off the phone with Freddie's wife, Bette, who confirmed that he's
the right guy. She said they went to a reunion in Miani a few years ago, and
they are in touch with many old friends and have photos and "lots of stories". I
should be talking to Freddie in the next day or so.

How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers