Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tootsie... September 20, 2009 1:37 PM

I had forgotten that Dr. Pixley had a motorcycle - what a wonderful man! A big loss for all - you are right his goodness impacted rich and poor a like. So you were in Nicaragua from '54 to '64?
I did not know Dr. Pixley was one of the original organizers of Union Church in Managua. That gave us such an ecumenical spiritual environment to grow up in... of course since most people were Catholic, I wanted to be that too... loved the concept of confession & being forgiven on the spot... and then going down the aisle to the priest for the "disappearing wafer" In Mexico I used to sneak into church with the maids any chance I had... and almost got to do my first communion! The nuns at the school helped me against mother's wishes that we remain Protestants...
Boy you did double duty - going to two church services every Sunday... I did not realize you did that.
The name Lake Jiloa does not ring a bell - but you are probably right.... I think we were all tired and dirty by the time we got home!
Be well - it is so nice to be in touch with so many incredibly wonderful people that we were so fortunate to know in our youth... Stay in touch - Tootsie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers