Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tootsie... September 20, 2009 7:20 PM

Thank you for the list of books from both points of view... Elle - all the reading that we can and should do to better understand what happened will never give us the "in-the-trenches" experience you had. We, having lived there, watched more closely than most, understood more too - but oh my, we cannot come close to the experience of living it... nope you don't need to read about it!!

I really do want to return and see Nicaragua first hand again one day... Toots

PS - I remember my father often speaking of a Mr. Belli but I do not know if he is related to Humberto Belli or to Giaconda Belli...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tootsie. My name is Cathy Pfeiffer Moore; I was born in Managua in 1956, and moved away from there in 1978, after the earthquake (but before the revolution). You might remember my aunt, Ginny (Virginia) Farr McCrea. Most of you all on this blog are a little older than me. I went to ANS for a few years, interspersed with being home-schooled for awhile (we lived on a farm across the lake from Managua), and also going to El Teresiano. I emailed my aunt the link to this page. She was amazed to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers