Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gary Juan Marquis

Welcome, Gary! We've been looking for you!

Here's what Gary sent us:

Bonnie
Yes, you are correct, blonde, (now grey), and the eyes are still blue. I
was part of the 1964 graduating class, and although at ANS only from 1962 to
1964 it was the most enjoyable time of my schooling to that time. Some of
the familiar names were Mike M., Neil G., John W., Bruce N., Mike G.,
Tootsie C., David W., Martha V., some of the teachers I remember were Dr.
B., David's dad, Mrs. Rivas, Mr. Lynn, Mr. Shubert, Mr. Johnson, Mrs. Graft
and her husband (friends of my parents), my favorite snack girl Cecilia, a
Nadine rings a bell, plus others that just need a little prodding to come
back.
One of my favorite pass times was heading to the Country Club after school
to either swim, bowl, walk around the course watching Mike M. hit his little
white balls around the course, and then eat some befstek, oh so good.
Now for a little personal history. After leaving Managua I returned to
Florida to attend college and had to start at a Junior College as the ANS
was not an accredited high school, so the U. of F. would not allow me to
enter as a freshman. After getting an AA degree I entered the US Army, went
to flight school, and flew helicopters during the VN conflict. I was
stationed at Ft. Rucker rather than sent to VN. After a stint in the
service I returned to college, this time at Auburn University where I was
graduated with a BS in Animal Science. I then returned to the U. of F. and
began my Master Degree in Swine Nutrition and started a swine farm in north
central Florida. I became a Florida State Building Contractor in 1979 and
built 51 homes from N. C. to the Bahamas. Then decided to open an Equipment
Rental Store in our town. We also sell the Polaris ATV and Ranger UTV line,
as well as the Dixie Chopper and Stihl product line. We have had the store
since 1985 and fill a niche in our area.
My wife of many years, Nancy, has blessed us with 3 wonderful sons. Now
they have given us 2 with another coming in early 2012 grandchildren.
We are both aviators, Nancy fly's her Kitfox IV airplane, and I fly a US
Army training helicopter that we bought in 2005.
I can truly say the best thing I have done lately was try to find the kids I
enjoyed being with in Managua.
Thanks for letting me express what has been in my memory for such a long
time. I am hoping to continue connecting with you guys from this time
forward.
Especially thank you for the effort to contact me, and you may forward this
to any others you might think would contact me.

Gary Juan Marquis


1 comment:

  1. Have we FORGOTTEN you also have a wonderful daughter and two fabulous grandchildren from her!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers